WordPress the most widely used website software in the world. And the success of many of the brands using WordPress has spawned an ecommerce business model and strategy: WordPress Ecommerce. Therefore, optimizing your WordPress Ecommerce site is as important as ever. In this article, we’ll break down:
- Build community and customer lifetime value through their owned website rather than through a marketplace like Amazon.
- Achieve organic search visibility and decrease paid PPC costs, subsequently increasing ROAS or testing new keyword waters with the saved money.
- Nurture customers through a longer buying cycle. Think more expensive products, B2B, etc.
- Deploy a headless commerce model, the newest and increasingly most successful model to becoming truly omni-channel without the headaches of the buzzword.
- WordPress is an excellent website platform for a variety of websites. From blogging to e-commerce to business and portfolio websites, WordPress is a versatile content management system.
In simplest form ecommerce is the buying and selling of products and services by businesses or consumers over the World Wide Web. People use the term “ecommerce” or “online shopping” to describe the process of searching for and selecting products in online catalogues and then “checking out” using a credit card and encrypted payment processing. Internet sales are increasing rapidly as consumers take advantage of
- Lower prices offered by vendors operating with less margin than a bricks and mortar store.
- Greater convenience of having a product delivered rather than the cost of time and transport and parking of going to a store.
- Sourcing product more cheaply from overseas vendors.
- Great variety and inventory offered by online stores.
- Comparison engines that compare and recommend product.
- Auction sites, where they did for goods.