Welcome to magento 2 Overview
Today we announced the general availability of our next generation magento 2. It is fully open source E-commerce platform. It features a modular code that enables easier customization, faster time to market and greater flexibility. It originally was launched by a California based company called Varien, and was later sold to the American company eBay,
Magento2 admin overview
Step1: Login admin panel with username and password
Step 2: When you sign in the Magento 2 store, the first thing you see is the dashboard with the overview of Sale and customer’s behavior.
As you can see, in this dashboard view, in the left of screen is the information about Lifetime Sales, Average order, and Last search term. The graph shows the orders and amounts for the selected date range. Between the two views. The tabs at the bottom provide quick reports about your best-selling and most viewed products, new customers and those who have purchased the most.
Step 3: After that we will go on sales section and its sub section.
In sales section which included Orders, Invoices, Shipments, Credit Memos, Billing Agreements, Transactions.
Let we discus one by one.
Orders :When a customer’s place an order for any kind of product, Magento will automatically add a new transaction about this customer’s activity and the order status for this is “Pending”. Customers can cancel this order anytime they want
Invoices à:Creating an invoice for an order converts the temporary sales order into a permanent record of the order that cannot be canceled. Normally, orders are invoiced and shipped after payment is received.
Shipmentsà :If you’re in charge of product fulfillment, this section is immeasurably useful. The dropdown box here enables you to download packing slips and shipping labels for your products.
Credit Memosà :We have to create Magento 2 credit memo when customers require the refund. This is a simple map that shows how store owners refund customers.
Billing Agreementsà :The Billing Agreement functionality enables customers to sign an agreement with the payment system and eases the process of checkout because customers do not need to specify payment information again and again. During the shopping cart checkout, the customer can simply choose a billing agreement as a payment method and based on its number.
Transactionsà : if your website accepts 3rd party payments such as PayPal, you can access records of payments made by customers; here’s where you can also find credit card payments well as records for any offline payment methods such as bank transfers.
Step 4: After that we will go to next section which is products.
In products section we can add products and categories
Under product menu there are two sub menus Catalog and Categories
Let we discus
Catalog : In catalog menu we can create product like Simple product, Configurable product, Bundle product, Downloadable product, Virtual product, Grouped product.
Categories :In categories section create category of your product.
Like magazines, Calendars etc
Below snap shot
Step 5 :Now we will go to Customers section.
This is where you can keep track of your customers
There are two sub menus All customers and Now online<
Like below snap shot
Let we discus.
All customers: In this menu show all customer details like name, emailed , phone ,country, zip code etc all information. If you create your profile then all details save in database and we can see also in all customers menu.
Now online : this sub menu you can see whose customers is login your site.
Step 6 :Now we will go to next section which is marketing.
Under marketing section 4 sub sections are there.
Promotions, communications, seo & search, user account.
Like below snap shot.
Let we discus one by one
- Catalog price rule :The catalog price rule subsection lets you create a pricing change that affects a given category of products — in this case, our demo website is having a 20% sale off of all women’s and men’s pants. You create the name of the sale in the rule information.
- Cart price rule :The cart price rules section is where you go to create special offers that customers can cash in once they are on the checkout page of your website — an extra enticement to make sure they cross the finish line.
- Email templates: you go to create templates to send out for everything from drip campaigns to welcome emails for new customers. It’s super easy to create a new email template. Hit the “add new template” button and then fill out some basic fields.
- Newsletter templates: The newsletter template is mostly the same as the email template, although with a few significant differences. You can change the sender name to reflect the subject matter of the email (“Sales @ Luma” if it’s related to sales, “Support” if it’s related to new customers or signups, etc).
- Newsletter queue: Send off the newsletter, click on the “action” option in the dropdown of the main newsletter template page and then select “queue newsletter.” From there, just select a start date and you’re done. The newsletter queue section simply shows which newsletters have been or are going to be sent
- Newsletter Subscriber : The newsletter subscribers section shows all of the customers who receive your newsletter automatically; you have the option to delete or unsubscribe them from the list in the subscriber portal.
It show like this
3 ).SEO and Search
- URL Rewrites:Also called Search Engine Friendly URLs. all Magento URLs include a file called “index.php” that resides in the root folder. By default, the file name appears in the URL just after the name of the root folder. When Web Server Rewrites are enabled, the system rewrites the URL to omit “index.php.
- Search term :You can use Search Suggestion to optimizing Searching process.
- Search synonyms: Adding more synonyms can help your users find what they are searching for on your Magento site without having to change their keywords.
- Site Map :Sitemaps allow website owners to inform search engines what pages on their website are available . Do not worry. You do not need to manually enter every single URL from your website in order to create your sitemap.
Reviews: you can manually add a new Review (if you have received such via some other communication method like email or on your store’s Facebook page) or select from the user submitted reviews and make them visible on your website
Step 7: After that we will go to next section which is Content.
In content section there are two sub section Elements and Design.
Like below snap shot
1). ElementsThere are three categories within the elements subsection: Pages, Blocks, and Widgets
- Pages: In page subsection we can create new page which you want to show on front end.
- Block :In block subsection we can add new block which you want to show on front end ex ;
For creating a product menu with links to different categories, you simply go ahead and insert the line of code that corresponds with a category. in this case, sweaters, jackets and shirt go in the Tops category, while t shirt and froke go in the bottoms category
- Widgets : The widgets define their storefront properties as well as other options. You can add layout updates depending on what sort of pages you would like the widget to appear in. For example, if you are making a widget for new products, you can specify that it be displayed on every page of your product catalog.
2). Design There are three categories within the design subsection: Configuration, Theme and schedule.
- Configuration :In configuration section go to your theme and all changes of header and footer you can also add css and js.
- Theme :Which theme we use show in theme section
- Schedule : We can apply theme design changes.
Step 8: After that we will go to Reports section.
In report section there are 5 sub section Marketing, Reviews, Sales, Customers, Products.
- Product in cart : A list of items you have that are currently in shoppers’ carts is displayed in a chart; you can click on any one of those items for a more detailed when you click on any of the products listed, it will send you to the product page for that particular item.
- Search Term ;This list of search queries is a really useful reference for seeing what your customers are thinking about when they browse your website. When you click on an individual search query such as “mind tree” the report shows you how many results come up.
- Abandoned cart :This section gives you a full heads up on all the sad abandoned carts you have so that you can take the appropriate action and send them a clever email with a discount offer.
- Newsletter problem Reports: If one of your subscribers has a problem with a broken link or something else is wrong with the newsletter, reports on any problems will automatically queue here for you to deal with. You can sort through them based on the date
2).Reviews You can view reviews either by customer or by product, and click on any particular review for a more detailed report of what your customers have to say. Clicking on the reviews will take you to the report in the marketing section.
- Orders: When a customer’s place an order for any kind of product, Magento will automatically add a new transaction about this customer’s activity and the order status for this is “Pending”. Customers can cancel this order anytime they want.
- Tax :
- Invoiced: Creating an invoiced for an order converts the temporary sales order into a permanent record of the order that cannot be canceled. Normally, orders are invoiced and shipped after payment is received.
- Shipping:If you’re in charge of product fulfillment, this section is immeasurably useful. The dropdown box here enables you to download packing slips and shipping labels for your products
- Refund :
- Coupons :
PayPal Settlement:The PayPal Settlement report provides the store administrator with the information about each transaction that affects the settlement of fund.
Braintree Settlement Report : Braintree’s API gives you the flexibility to generate your own custom reports, allowing you to focus on what’s important to your business without being subject to the limits of our standard reports.
- Order total: To get a report on your order totals by customer, you can make a search by date, and then a table of all the customers who have made orders within the given period will pop up. Data including the number of orders they have made, the average order size, and total amount paid will be listed.
- Order count : You can see number of order of your product.
- Views :you see how many customer view your product.
- Bestsellers: Bestsellers of your product.
- Low stoke :Show which product is in low stoke
- Ordered: How many orders to your product.
- DownloadsYou can download order summery.
- Refresh Statistics: You can refresh daily or lifetime statistics for orders, tax and shipping, total invoiced, refunded, coupons, bestsellers, and most viewed products. This section should prove useful in telling you whether you need to increase the volume of certain products or discontinue them altogether.
Step 9 :After that we will go to stores section.
In stores section there are some sub sections Settings, Taxes, Currency, Attributes,and Other Settings.
- All stores : You can create website name.
- Configuration: All setting like theme setting designing shipping method setting, payment method setting, checkout page setting all settings.
- Terms and condition : You can add new condition.
- Order status : You can find order status of your product delivery.
- Tax rules :You can add new tax rule
- Tax zones and rates: We can see country its zip code and tax rate zone wise.
- Currency rate : You can import currency rate
- Currency symbol : You can add your currency symbol.
- Product:In product menu you can create Attribute like color, size.
- Attribute set : In attribute set you can include your attribute like product details section or content. it depend upon you.
- Rating : It shows rating of your attribute.
- Customer group: you can define different customer groups. You can create or edit customer groups and define which tax class they fall into; the default in our demo store is retail.
Step 10: Now we will go to system section.
1).Data transfer :
- Import :If you have large external files such as advanced pricing sheets, product files, or a list of customer information, you can use this section to upload files up to 25 MB in size.
- Export : Similarly you can export data sheet.
- Import/Export Tax Rates : You can Import export tax rates
- Import History : You can Import of your data sheet history
- Integration: You can create your new integration and add api.
- Cache management: You can enable or disable you cache or either you can flush css and js.
- Backups: you can save your database backup or media backup.
- Index Management : you can index of your site.
Select all and update on save
- Web Setup Wizard :you can enable your module in web setup wizard.
- All Users :You can add new user you can fill all user info and user role.
- Locked User :You can lock or unlock user to buy something of your site.
- User Roles :you can add user role like administrator, admin and anything else.
- Notification : You can see notification.
Like below snap shot
- Custom variable :You can add new variable.
- Encryption key :You can change encryption key.
Select auto generated key no and write your new encryption key and change it.