What is SQL
SQL is a standard language for accessing databases. It is used to perform operations on the records stored in database such as updating records, deleting records, creating and modifying tables, views etc. SQL is a server side scripting language .It is designed for managing data in a relational database management system (RDBMS). SQL is based on relational algebra and tuple relational calculus. SQL is just a query language, it is not a database. To perform SQL queries, you need to install any database for example Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, PostGre SQL, SQL Server, DB2 etc.
Before starting SQL, relational databases have several point that are important to keep in mind :
- RDBMS :- RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management System.
- Data Integrity :-Avoide data duplication
- SQL Constraints :-SQL Constraints are the rules which are apply to table columns.
- Better security :-Assign grant or privilege to a individual User.
- Database Normalization :-It is the process to store database data very efficiently
Why SQL :
- To insert records in a database
- To update records in a database
- To delete records from a database
- To retrieve data from a database
- Create new databases, tables and views
For more information about what is SQl and how it is work ?
Please contact us