How to install Magneto 2
To help Magneto developers get to know the latest Magento CE 2, today, we would like to walk you through the steps needed when installing the latest version of this leading ecommerce platform.
This Installation Guide helps you install the Magento software on your localhost. Firstly, you must choose the installation that’s right for you.
2. Choose how to install the Magento software
Download Magento 2.0 and upload to your xampp-> htdocs-> root directory and unzip the file
Before you install Magento 2, make sure your system meets or exceeds the following requirements:
a) Composer (latest stable version)
b) PHP 5.4.11 or later or PHP 5.5.x.
Note: Magneto 2 does not support PHP 5.6.
When you are done with verifying your prerequisites, follow the steps below to install Magneto 2.
1) Install composer:- Download Composer and run its latest version. For more details on further configuration when installing composer, please visit this Composer installation documentation.
Follow the steps below to start Composer installation
Step I: Composer Setup
Step II: Select Composer
Step III: Check PHP and path settings
Step IV: Ready to install
Step V: Finish
2) Install/reinstall Magento 2.0
a) Change file system permissions and ownership before installation to make sure the installation completes successfully, we suggest the following file system permissions and ownership:
- All files and directories owned by the web server user.
- Certain directories must be writable.
b) Update Composer and run the installer
After you are done with updating the file system permissions and ownership, go onto update Composer and run the installer:
c) Create Data Base
Open PHPMyadmin, then create Data base for Magento 2.0
d) Magento installation
Step 1: Agree and Setup
Step 2: Verify System requirements
Step 2: To validate your server environment, click the Continue button. If error warnings appear, you must correct the errors and validate your environment again.
Step 4: Setup the database
- Database Server Host: Enter the server qualified host name or IP address. If your server is on the same host as your web server, enter localhost
- Database Server Username
- Database Server Password:
- Database Name: Input the database name you have just created at section Create Database
- Table prefix: This field could left blank
Step 5: Web Configuration
Step 6: Configure Language, Time Zone and Currency
Step 7: Create Admin Account
Step 8: Install & Finish
Your magneto installation will be successful.
Your magneto 2 like this on backend admin panel
And on front end